Custom Prescriptions of Lancaster
1. Prepare compounded medications while under the supervision of a licensed
2. Strong mathematical computation skills required.
3. Proper use of compounding equipment such as balances and measuring
devices, including procedures for choosing the appropriate measuring
devices, limitations of weighing equipment and measuring apparatus, and the
significance of accuracy in measurements.
4. Use of pharmaceutical techniques that are essential to preparing compounds
(for example, comminution, trituration, levigation, geometric dilution and
pulverization by intervention).
5. Measure, mix, count, label, and record quantities of dosages of
6. Formula preparation and packaging of prescription orders.
401(k) with matching
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Prescription drug insurance
Professional development assistance
Monday to Friday
Duties and responsibilities:
- Rotate through all work areas of the compounding laboratory/pharmacy.
- Formula preparation and packaging of prescription orders.
- Provide labels for compounded products.
- Medication formulations include but are not limited to the following:
- Oral solutions, troches, lollipops, lip balms, capsules, creams, ointments, lotions, rectal suppositories, ear drops, and animal treats.
- Operate, monitor, and maintain work area and compounding equipment in a sanitary fashion, including but not limited to:
- Equipment such as the: ointment mill, tube sealer, electronic mortar and pestle, hot plates, electric and analytical balance, encapsulator, sieves, and glassware.
- Assist the pharmacist in accessing, reviewing, and processing patient records/orders in the compounding computer.
- Triage incoming orders.
- Maintain documentation as required for all prescriptions in an organized fashion.
- Maintain/manage inventory of bulk chemicals, supplies, and compounded items.
- Answer and screen telephone calls.
- Manage the training of new employees.
- Assist other pharmacy technicians and/or ancillary staff as necessary.
- Participate in customer service.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and participate in quality improvement processes.
- Complete any other tasks designated by the pharmacist in charge.
- Help build business through customer service.
- Comply with all QA/QI and accreditation programs.
- Various other duties may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 – $22.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
Pharmacy technician experience: 1 year (Required)
Pharmacy Technician Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
Job Application Form
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com